Donnerstag, 4. September 2008

First day in University


Hey Guys,

so finally the canadian every day life started for me yesterday. After 4 days of "vacation" and organization I had 4 classes. The first started at 8:30 am.It was Corporate Finance with a very good teacher. In this course I met Katha and Michael they are both german speakers. This will make things much easier in the future because I expect much work for this class.
After this business class I walked over the Arts and Education buildung tojoin a regional geography course of Latin America. The teacher is a women with a crazy name called Navqui. She is a first nation that means she has no european ansistors but only indianic. The course seems to be very interesting but as in a classes I took part yesterday I think my only problem will be to learn the special vocabulary and to read the much stuff we get to work through.
This is the main problem - every student has to spent more than 300 $ each semester for books.
If I would buy all of them in the bookstore which is located on the campus and called "bookies" I would have spent 650$ for all classes. Now I´m trying to organize some used ones but it´s not that easy because they are highly demanded ;)
Back to my day in the evening from 5 pm to 8:20 pm I sa in a course which is about British Columbia and Yukon. It´s also regional geography but the teacher is very very good. He reminds me a little bit of Herr Soyez. ( He was a geography prof. at our department)
Because he is also a little bit confused, doesn´t use the techniques effectively but has a huge knowledge, awide horizonts and his english is the best I heard here yet.
After this marathon of classe throghout the day I met Thomas at the aquatic center and we swam half a hour in the great pool. After that we went shopping at the superstore and than I had have some drinks with Omar my roomate and his freind Chris.
So long the first day was a good one and I think my english improves from day to day.
Understanding is not the problem at all but talking is in many situations quiet difficult and sometime also frustrating.
The things are going on and I will inform all of you who are reading my blog .

Cya soon Matthias

P.S. I took some nice photos of the campus and the city yesterday too. So check them out!!!!!

http://picasaweb.google.de/matthias.mensing/Sept4Unibeginn#


Keine Kommentare: